Five week introduction to Krav Maga
From Tuesday 14th January to Thursday 13th February, 2020.
|Place||North Merchiston Club, Edinburgh|
|Time||14 January to 13 February, 2020|
|Prices||From £27.50, when booking by the 28 December, £39 after.|
Open for all, aged 16 and up. For complete beginners, no experience necessary.
What is Krav Maga and why should I learn it?
Krav Maga is a self defence system, developed in Israel. Unlike many traditional martial arts, Krav Maga is designed to work in real life, in all kinds of conditions, against larger opponents and from positions of disadvantage. The system is based on our own instinctual movements which makes it easy to learn and highly effective, giving you the skills to stay safe.
- Feel safer and more confident
- Krav Maga is practical self-defence for regular people of all ages, shapes, and sizes.
- Get in good shape!
- You start training to get fit, you don’t need to be fit before you start training :-)
- Meet friendly people of all ages in the school
- We're a friendly group who'll make you feel welcome (minimum age 16 for adults classes)
- Learn how to set boundaries and speak up for yourself
- And learn to see others’ boundaries
- Find an excellent way to de-stress after a hard day
- Leave the classes buzzing, tired, and happy
- Did we mention that it’s a lot of fun?
Intro Course Essentials
- Five sessions on Tuesdays, 19:00-20:30
- Starting Tuesday 14 January
- Cost: £27.50 (early bird), £39 (full price, after 28 Dec).
Learn no-nonsense self-defence skills, try a great way of working out together with friendly supportive people!
Intro Course Plus
- 2 sessions a week over 5 weeks
- Tuesday sessions are from 19:00-20:30
- Thursday sessions are from 20:10-21:15
- Cost: £49.00 (early bird), £70 (full price, after 28 Dec).
Get all the practical, easy-to learn skills of the Basic course, with more fun and sweaty workouts, more techniques, and more time to practice what you’ve learned and make sure it sticks.
+ Gift option
Why not give this as a Christmas present to someone who could use some extra “oomph” to kick start the new year?
If it doesn't fit with the recipient's schedule, they have the option of changing it to one month of krav maga classes, starting from any of our monthly induction classes, and to be used by the end of 2020.
In this course we will look at how to:
- No nonsense self-defence techniques
- How to make effective counter-attacks to vulnerable targets
- How to escape from chokes and dangerous positions
- Prevention strategies and how to identify possible threats
- What to do if the fight goes to the ground
- Building your confidence to deal with situations before they become violent
Both courses start on Tuesday 14 January, from 19:00 to 20:30.
All classes at the North Merchiston Club. Tuesday classes run 19:00–20:30, Thursday classes 20:10–21:15.