Four week introduction to Krav Maga
From Tuesday 15th January to Tuesday 5th February, 2019.
|Place||North Merchiston Club, Edinburgh|
|Prices||£19 if you book by the 25th December, £30 after|
Open for all, aged 16 and up. For complete beginners, no experience necessary.
Smash those New Year's Resolutions by learning Krav Maga!
What is Krav Maga and why should I learn it?
Krav Maga is a self defence system, developed in Israel. Unlike many traditional martial arts, Krav Maga is designed to work in real life, in all kinds of conditions, against larger opponents and from positions of disadvantage. The system is based on our own instinctual movements which makes it easy to learn and highly effective, giving you the skills to stay safe.
- Feel safer and more confident
- Krav Maga is practical self-defence for regular people of all ages, shapes, and sizes.
- Get in good shape!
- You start training to get fit, you don’t need to be fit before you start training :-)
- Meet friendly people of all ages in the school
- We're a friendly group who'll make you feel welcome (minimum age 16 for adults classes)
- Learn how to set boundaries and speak up for yourself
- And learn to see others’ boundaries
- Find an excellent way to de-stress after a hard day
- Leave the classes buzzing, tired, and happy
- Did we mention that it’s a lot of fun?
Learn no-nonsense self-defence skills and try a great way to work out with friendly and supportive people.
What do you get the person who has everything? Give the gift of Krav!
If you give the course as a gift and the dates don't fit with the recipient's schedule, they have the option of changing it to one month of Krav Maga classes, starting from any of our monthly induction classes, and to be used by the end of 2019.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Recognise dangerous situations
- De-escalate confrontations
- Use body language and verbal commands
- Defend against armed and unarmed attacks
- Defend yourself standing up and on the ground
- Introduction to the law on Self Defence
Classes start on Tuesday 15th January — don't miss out!
All classes at the North Merchiston Club, Tuesday, from 19:00–20:30.